Cranberry Orange Vodka
This flavor combo typically pokes its head out around fall and winter since everyone is busting out the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but few will find a way to make cranberries and oranges coexist in the party-time world of vodka. To that end, I present a cranberry-orange infusion that will satisfy even the most difficult flavor critics. This formula will make a small batch of cranberry orange vodka, but you can always double the measurements if you like!
- Fresh Orange Peels (2 tsp diced)
- A Can of Cranberry Sauce with Whole Berries (3 tsp)
- Vodka (5 oz)
- A jar or bottle for infusing
- Measuring utensils
- Funnel if using a bottle for infusing
- A fine mesh siev
- A coffee filter or cheese cloth
- A measuring cup
- Place your orange peels into the infusion container.
- Add your whole-berry cranberry sauce in with the orange peels.
- Pour 5 oz of vodka into the infusion container with the other two ingredients.
- Seal the container and shake thoroughly!
- Store it away from direct sunlight and shake it once a day for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, strain your infusion through a fine mesh siev lined with a coffee filter or cheese cloth placed over a measuring cup.
- Once your infusion has been strained, pour it right back into the original container or find a more aesthetically pleasing vessel to keep it in.
- Refrigerate while not in use and enjoy!