Ginger Maple Vodka
If you ever had the passing notion of what these two ingredients would taste like you should seriously consider this marriage of woodsy sweet and sweetly spicy. The formula I have created for you is more akin to a schnaps than to flavored vodka, and is mouthwatering all the same!
- Fresh Ginger Root (1.25 inch piece, diced)
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup (4 oz)
- Vodka (6 oz)
- An air tight bottle or mason jar.( 10-12 fluid oz)
- A fine mesh siev
- Measuring Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup (2+ cups size)
- 2 Weeks
- Dice your ginger root as finely as you can and place it in your bottle or mason jar.
- Add your maple syrup into the container.
- Pour your vodka in to join them.
- Seal your container and give it a good shake! You will need to shake it thoroughly at least once a day, every day for two weeks. Keep it away from direct sunlight.
- After two weeks, place your fine mesh siev over your measuring cup and strain the contents of your bottle so that there is no visible ginger left in the vodka.
- Pour your newly infused vodka back into the final receptacle you have chosen to store it in.
- You now have delicious Maple Ginger Vodka! Store it in the fridge when not in use.