Sometimes all you want is a shot, and sometimes what you want is a fancy shot! Between my humble garden and the farmer’s market delivery service we subscribed to my home has been overrun by delicious fruits and herbs, which means I am constantly looking for ways to use everything before it expires. The result of my first brainstorm is this delicately sweet and aromatic shot served in an elegant crystal cordial glass. Isn’t it just friggin’ adorable?
- White Rum (0.75 oz)
- Ginger Syrup (1 tbs)
- Anjou Pear (1/2 quartered)
- Thyme (2 small sprigs, stems included)
- Place your quartered pear, rum, and ginger syrup into a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle all of the contents of your cocktail shaker to a pulp.
- Fill your shaker about halfway with ice, cover and shake.
- Rub the inside of your cordial glass with a sprig of thyme.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into your cordial glass with a large fork.*
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme and serve!
*I suggest using a large fork as a strainer because the pear pulp will plug up the holes of your cocktail shaker if you are using a cobbler shaker.